Saturday, March 27, 2010

My Friend, Stephen King

On Facebook, there is a column on the right side of the page that sometimes shows suggested friends. Usually they suggest people who have some of the same friends as me.

Today they suggested Stephen King.

Stephen King is one of my favorite authors. We don't have any mutual friends. The picture sure looked like him. But I know you can use any picture for your avatar.

His page didn't give away any information. I know famous people have to guard their privacy.

Most of my Facebook friends are artists, especially cartoonists and people in the animation industry. But I am such a fan of Stephen King that I went ahead and clicked on "add as friend". I added a brief message that I hope didn't gush too much. As soon as I clicked on the button to send him the request, I got a message from Facebook.

It said, "Sorry, this user already has too many friends".

So why the heck did they suggest him?

No comments: