Tuesday, March 23, 2010

rubik cube solved at last!

Image Hosting by imagefra.me
I made this cartoon for my Facebook friend, Chuck Harrison. He needed guest cartoons for his blog.

When they first came out with the Rubik's cube, I was eager to try it. I like puzzles. It's an ego boost when I can figure them out.

When I finally got one, I was afraid to turn it too much. If I just turned it a little, I could always put it back the way it was.

At the time, I was married to someone who turned it beyond the point of no return.

I struggled with that cube for months and so did my husband. We had to admit that we had no idea how to solve the Rubik cube.

One day, I came home from work and somehow the puzzle was magically solved. I couldn't imagine how my then-husband could have figured it out. I was pretty sure I was smarter than he was, although I was afraid to say so.

Finally, he confessed what he had done. The colors were actually little stickers. He had peeled them off and rearranged them.

No comments: