Saturday, April 10, 2010

the California State Fair

Image Hosting by imagefra.me

In 2005, I entered the California State Fair Poster Competition. I didn't win, but they sent me a free pass to the fair. The theme was something about California's beaches, and I drew Poppy (the fair bear) with a surfboard on a beach. Maybe I will post it later.

I made new state fair design just for fun. They haven't had a poster contest since 2005.

I COULD enter it in the fine art competition.

The original is 18" x 24". And it's black and white. I scanned it into Photoshop and added the colors. I'm not sure how that would jive with the fine art competition. I have a large format scanner/printer, but it's not THAT large.

I just wanted this to be a fun design, incorporating some of my favorite things from the fair. There's a free redwood tree seedling, a Footsie Wootsie machine, and a little livestock. Even Poppy the fair bear makes an appearance.

No comments: